On December 8, 2014, officers responded to call regarding a burglary at 2842 South Buckner Boulevard. This burglary resembled several other recent burglaries with the same modus operandi. In each offense, the suspects threw a rock through the front door and stole several tools from behind the counter. During the follow-up investigations, detectives developed two possible suspects, 25 year-old Victor Montelongo, and 22 year-old Albert Galvan Jr.
There was another burglary of a business today, December 9, 2014, at 1330 South Buckner Boulevard, at which time plain clothes officers were notified. At about 10:45 a.m., Officer Troy Allison, #9442, went to the area the listed suspects are known to hang out. Officer Allison spotted the suspects in a black Dodge Stratus in the 2100 block of South Buckner Boulevard, and conducted a traffic stop. Suspect Montelongo was the driver and Galvan the passenger. Officer Allison observed the stolen property in the backseat of the vehicle and recovered more than $1000 in stolen tools. The property was released back to the business and both suspects were detained and transported to the Southeast Patrol station where they confessed to committing various business burglaries in the Pleasant Grove area. The offenses are listed below. Both Montelongo and Galvan were arrested, transported to Lew Sterrett Jail and charged with seven burglaries. Kudos to the deployment officers, detectives and patrol officers of the Southeast Patrol Division.
Business Burglary Arrests:
1) Autozone 12/8/14 291806-2014 2842 S. Buckner —- Suspect Montelongo confessed and acted alone. Surveillance video corroborated statement.
2) O’Reilly’s 11/19/14 276781-2014 5781 Samuell —- Suspect Galvan confessed
3) O’Reilly’s 11/16/14 274651-2014 5781 Samuell —- Suspect Galvan confessed
4) O’Reilly’s 11/9/14 274651-2014 1536 Samuell —- Suspect Galvan confessed
5) Nu Botanic 11/9/14 269293-2014 2955 S. Buckner —– Both Galvan and Montelongo confessed
6) ABC Auto Parts 6/29/14 156235-2014 8836 Lakejune Road ——- ID through surveillance video
7) Mail Centre 6/29/14 156252-2014 6100 Samuell Boulevard—–ID through surveillance video