This past weekend, beginning Friday, December 12th and ending Monday night December 15th, five separate murders occurred in the city of Dallas. Of those five, detectives were able to clear one offense at this time. The department is asking for the public’s assistance to help solve the remaining cases:
- On December 12, 2014, at approximately 4:42 p.m., Victim Brandon Hollis, B/M/31, was found deceased from a gunshot wound inside his vehicle in the 1900 block of McBroom in West Dallas. The suspect is described as a black male with medium skin color. The suspect was dressed in all black, wearing a black hoodie, and was last seen running away from the location. If anyone has information on this offense, please contact Detective Ed Parker at 214-671-3630.
- The second murder occurred on December 13, 2014, at approximately 10:20 p.m. The victim, Daniel Conley, W/M/28, was stabbed and killed by an unknown white or Hispanic male suspect in an alley at the 1400 block of Main Street. Mr. Conley and his friends left the City Tavern Bar and were walking across the street on Main Street in front of the suspect, who was driving a grey Ford Mustang. The suspect and Mr. Conley became involved in a verbal confrontation. The victim and his friends continued walking through the alley towards Elm Street. The suspect parked his vehicle facing eastbound on Main Street and followed them into the alley. The victim and his friends stopped and waited on the suspect. A fight ensued between the suspect and the Mr. Conley that resulted in the stabbing death of Mr. Conley. The suspect fled in his car, turning southbound on Akard Street. The suspect is described as a white or Hispanic male with a heavy build and short cropped hair. If anyone has information regarding the identity of the suspect, please contact Detective Chaney at 214-671-3650.
- The third murder occurred on Sunday, December 14, 2014, at 5:00 a.m. at 165 S. Nachita Drive in Southeast Dallas. The victim, Ramiro Herrera, L/M/26, and suspect Johnny Daniel Rodriguez, L/M/28, are acquaintances. Both individuals were hanging out with friends when an argument ensued between them. Suspect Rodriguez produced a handgun and killed Herrera before fleeing the scene. On December 16, 2014, Suspect Rodriguez was apprehended by the US Marshals and is currently in Lew Sterrett Jail.
- The fourth murder also occurred on Sunday, December 14, 2014 at 10:18 p.m. The victim is Dedtrick Hodge, B/M/26. He was found deceased, lying on the street at 1700 Warsaw in Oak Cliff. Witnesses stated they heard gunshots and called 911. The victim was found with multiple gunshot wounds to his body. At this time, there is no suspect information to share. We are asking anyone with information on this murder to please contact Detective Tim Stewart at 214-671-3635.
- Our last murder occurred on Monday night, December 15, 2014, at about 8:40 p.m. Officers responded to the 1700 block of Greendale Drive in Pleasant Grove. The victim, Irma Martinez, L/F/49, was seated in her vehicle when two unknown suspects approached her and shot her with a handgun. Mrs. Martinez died at the scene. The murder is believed to be robbery related. The suspects fled on foot, jumped into an unknown vehicle, and drove away. One of the suspects was dressed in dark clothing. Suspects are still at large. If anyone has any information on this murder, we ask that you contact Detective Mark Ahearn at 214-671-3682.