On Thursday September 24th at 7PM, Dallas Police Chief David O. Brown will host Let’s Talk, a conversation with Dallas Police recruits about community relations. The department feels this conversation is timely and necessary due to recent tensions throughout the country between law enforcement and the community.
Let’s Talk will be broadcast live online at http://www.dallascitynews.net/watch-live. Chief Brown will prompt the discussion using videos that are submitted from college students and police officers.
We are reaching out to college students to ask for their virtual participation by sending in videos that would be played during Let’s Talk. Each video should answer one of the following questions:
- How do you feel about the relationship between police and the community?
- What has been your personal experience with members of law enforcement?
- How do you feel about what you are seeing in the media about law enforcement?
Videos should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Videos should be posted privately on YouTube.
- Share the URL link of your uploaded video via email to email@example.com.
- Student should include their name, school and hometown in email.
- Video should be 90 seconds or less.
- Only one question addressed per video. Students may send up to three videos, one addressing each question.
- Videos with profanity or personal attacks will not be considered.
- Deadline for submitting videos is September 10th.
A representative sample of videos will be selected and shown during Let’s Talk. Videos may be edited for length. Questions can be directed to Joli Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org