Officer Involved Shooting on Wilbur Street

Update: November 21, 2015

As part of the on-going investigation into the officer-involved shooting that occurred in the 2700 block of Wilbur St. on November 19, 2015, Dallas police have arrested Victor Solorzano L/M 1-8-1985 for Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon. 

Additionally, Dallas police Special Investigations Unit detectives have charged both Victor Solorzano and Edgar Solorzano with two counts of Aggravated Assault, one for each of the officers that were fired upon.

Both have been placed in the Dallas County Jail.  This investigation remains active and open and we will release additional details as they become available and appropriate for release. 

Update: Press Conference – November 20, 2015

On November 19, 2015, members of a multi-jurisdictional task force were involved in an operation in the 2700 block of Wilbur Street in Dallas, Texas. The members were working in a covert capacity in plain clothes driving unmarked vehicles. Based on the investigation thus far, we know one of the task force officers, who happens to work for the Arlington Police Department, was approached by Edgar Solorzano who was armed with an assault rifle. After a very brief exchange, Edgar Solorzano began shooting at the undercover officer who ran.  Edgar followed the fleeing officer firing at him as he jumped into one of the covert vehicles and drove away to seek medical attention.

Today, Dallas police detectives arrested Edgar Solorzano L/M 06/24/1992 for Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon. He will be placed in the Dallas County Jail.

This remains an active investigation and we want to express our thanks to the public, especially those in the neighborhood around Wilbur Street who were disrupted due to street closures while we investigated this incident.

Original Post:

On November 19, 2015, at about 6:15 am officers responded to calls for police in the 2700 block of Wilbur Street. Officers from a multi-jurisdictional task force were working an operation at the location and came under fire by an unidentified subject. During this altercation, an officer from the Arlington Police Department was struck by the gunfire. The officer was removed from the scene for the purpose of obtaining medical attention. The officer was transported to Methodist Hospital where he is in stable condition and is expected to recover.   The Dallas Police Department’s Special Investigations Unit will be handling the investigation. This remains an ongoing, dynamic incident that limits the release of more detailed information until further investigation is completed, but we will be disseminating more information as it becomes available.