Saturday, December 5, 2015 from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., the Dallas Children’s Health Holiday Parade will take place in downtown Dallas starting from Market Street and Commerce Street and finishing at City Hall Plaza.
Please be aware of the following road closures and also see the diagram below.
- PRE EVENT SET UP:
- 9:00 a.m. (on Friday, December 4) until parade passes – Akard Street from Commerce Street to Main Street;
- 4:30 a.m. until parade passes – Field Street from Jackson Street to Commerce Street;
- 6:00 a.m. – Houston Street from Commerce Street to Young Street (except for one lane); Marilla Street from Akard Street to Young Street; Commerce Street from Griffin to Akard Street;
- 7:00 a.m. – Commerce Street from Akard Street to Harwood Street; all streets in the parade staging square (pink on the map below); Akard Street from Jackson Street to Young Street;
- 7:30 a.m. – Reunion Blvd. East (one lane will remain open to allow access to the Hyatt); Harwood Street from Commerce Street to Young Street; Young Street from Harwood Street to Ervay Street; Ervay Street from Young Street to Marilla Street; Marilla Street from Ervay Street to Akard Street;
- 8:00 a.m. – Ervay Street from Cadiz Street to Marilla Street; Akard Street from Cadiz Street to Young Street; Canton Street from Akard Street to St. Paul Street; Marilla Street from St. Paul Street to Ervay Street; Commerce Street from Houston Street to Griffin Street; Griffin Street from Commerce Street to Young Street.
- PARADE ROUTE: The parade begins at 10:00 a.m., and starts on Commerce Street at Market Street. Head east on Commerce Street to Harwood Street, south on Harwood Street to Young Street, west on Young Street to Ervay Street (against traffic), South on Ervay Street to Marilla Street, west on Marilla Street to City Hall Plaza, ending at Akard Street where the parade will disband.
- Bleacher construction will being on Sunday, November 29 on the Southside of Commerce Street and Monday, November 30 on the Northside of Commerce Street. All Commerce Street bleachers will be removed by Tuesday, December 8.
A comprehensive traffic plan has been developed by the Dallas Police Department in conjunction with the parade organizers in an effort to minimize traffic interruptions.
For more information regarding the event please visit http://dallaschildrensparade.com/.
You must be logged in to post a comment.