Make your GAME PLAN if you plan on drinking while watching the Super Bowl. Driving While Intoxicated is a very serious issue. We know there will be a large number of Super Bowl related parties this Sunday. We are in no way discouraging you from having fun, but please be safe while doing so. Have a designated driver or call a cab.
If you are attending a Super Bowl Party:
- Designate your sober driver before the party begins and give that person your car keys.
- Avoid drinking too much alcohol too fast by pacing yourself – eat enough food, take breaks, and alternate with non-alcoholic drinks.
- If you don’t have a designated driver, ask a sober friend for a ride home; call a cab, friend, or family member to come and get you; or just stay where you are and sleep it off until you are sober.
- Never let a friend leave your sight if you think they are about to drive while impaired. Remember, Fans Don’t Let Fans Drive Drunk.
- Always buckle up – it’s still your best defense against other impaired drivers.
If you are hosting a Super Bowl Party:
- Remember, you can be held liable and prosecuted if someone you served ends up in an impaired-driving crash.
- Be sure all of your guests designate their drivers in advance, or help arrange ride-sharing with sober drivers.
- Serve lots of food and be sure to include plenty of non-alcoholic beverages at the party.
- Keep the numbers for local cab companies handy, and take the keys away from anyone who is thinking of driving while impaired
As always, have fun and be safe!