Drivers can avoid sitting in traffic by taking the DART rail to the State Fair of Texas; DART has a rail station that is conveniently adjacent to the Parry Ave. entrance of the state fair or they may take the rail to the MLK station which is a short walk to the MLK entrance to the state fair.
Drivers can also get regular traffic updates via radio from 1650 AM.
For those that choose to drive to the state fair, they should consider the following alternate routes to the fair.
- Take the Dolphin Rd. exit #49B, turn left at the light across the bridge to Haskell Ave.
- Right turn onto Haskell Ave to Gate 15.
- Left turn into the Gate 15
- Take the exit to go SB I-45 (Julius Schepps Fwy.) to Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd exit.
- Left onto Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. to Robert B. Cullum Blvd.
- Right turn onto Robert B. Cullum Blvd to Fitzhugh Ave
- Left turn onto Fitzhugh Ave to Gates 10, 11, & 13
- Patrons will be directed by perimeter traffic control officers.
- Patrons should be aware that Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. W/B will allow them to access 175 & I-45.
- W/B Al Lipscomb Way will allow the patrons access to I-45
DRIVING INBOUND ARRIVING TO THE STATE FAIR
- From the west (travelling east on I-30)
- Take the Dolphin Rd. exit, go left at the light across the bridge to Haskell Ave., go right on Haskell Ave. to Crosstown Expy., go left on Crosstown Expy. to gates accepting traffic into the fair to park.
- From the east (travelling west on I-30)
- Take the exit to southbound I-45 (Julius Schepps Frwy.). Exit Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Go left on Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. to Robert B. Cullum Blvd. Follow direction of officers directing traffic to enter the park.
DRIVING OUTBOUND LEAVING THE STATE FAIR
- Drivers will be directed by police officers as they leave the fair, we ask drivers to please follow the officers’ directions. If you are directed to westbound Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. drivers will have access northbound and southbound I-45.
- Northbound I-45 will lead to
- Westbound I-30 (which can take them to SB I-35),
- Eastbound I-30
- Northbound US-75 (to Richardson, Plano, Allen and McKinney) and to Woodall Rodgers Frwy. (which drivers can take to get to southbound I-35 as well as northbound I-35).
- Southbound I-45 leads to Loop 12 and I-20 (east and westbound).