Update – December 29, 2016 @ 2:28 PM:
The Dallas Police Department announces that a Murder warrant has been issued for Faustino Valdez in connection with the death of Marisol Espinosa.
If anyone has information concerning this case or the suspect, they should immediately call 911 or Homicide Detective C. Shelton, at 214-283-4900. This investigation is still active and ongoing. This is the only information being released at this time.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for information called into Crime Stoppers that leads to the arrest and indictment for this felony offense and other felony offenses. Call crime Stoppers at (214) 373-Tips, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
UPDATE – March 8, 2016 @ 6:00 PM:
The Dallas County Medical Examiner has identified the remains found at 2900 Dowdy Ferry Road on Sunday, March 6th as belonging to Marisol Espinosa.
In light of the identification made, the Dallas Police Department has reclassified the investigation into Marisol Espinosa’s disappearance as a homicide investigation. We still await the determination as to a cause and manner of death from the Medical Examiner. We will release additional information as it becomes available and appropriate to do so.
Update: January 5, 2016
Below is a timeline of the investigation and its progression:
December 12, 2015 – Espinosa, mother, and kids moved in with ex-boyfriend after their house caught fire
December 29, 2015 – Youth Ops began investigation as Want to Locate
December 29, 2015 – January 1, 2016 – Interviewed family/friends
January 1, 2016 – Increased to Critical Missing/Endangered Person when vehicle was found
January 1, 2016 – Present –
- Crimes Against Persons Division was added to the investigation to interview possible witnesses, gather evidence etc.
- DPD personnel continued searching various areas with assistance from the Helicopter Unit, K-9, Mounted, and Patrol
- Youth and Patrol personnel, along with Mark 9 Search & Rescue, and the Mounted Unit searched the creek/storm drain on foot and horseback near the Umphress Recreational Center on Umphress Road., due to close proximity to last seen location and where vehicle was recovered.
- Helicopter Unit checked area and on-foot personnel searched areas where the helicopter personnel were unable to see.
- Southeast Patrol personnel and Deployment have been put on Special Assignment to assist. Officer are currently checking vacant lots, verifying locations, etc.
The Dallas Police Department is asking for the public’s assistance in locating endangered missing person, Ms. Marisol Espinosa. Ms. Espinosa was last seen on December 29, 2015 at about 8:00 a.m. leaving her residence in the 7700 block of Aurora Street. On January 1, 2016, Ms. Espinosa’s vehicle was found abandoned behind the apartment complex, Las Lomas Apartments at 6161 Trail Glen Drive. Ms. Espinosa is described as a 34 year old Latin female and is 5’5 and weighs 125 pounds.
If anyone has seen Ms. Marisol Espinosa or has any information about her whereabouts, please contact the Dallas Police Department Missing Persons Unit at 214-671-4268.