The Lake Highlands PID along with the Northeast Division of the Dallas Police Department are offering a free shredding event (paper only) in the Tom Thumb parking lot, located at 8676 Skillman St. The event will be held on Saturday, February 18, 2017 from 10:00am to 12:00Noon.
What can be shred:
- Anything made of paper. Rather than try to list what is confidential and what is not, we advocate an “all shred” policy
- No need to remove:
- Paper clips
- Binder clips
- Hanging folders (with metal strips)
- Manila folders
- Paper board legal binders
- Spiral notebook binders
- Thin plastic sheet protectors
- CDs or CD-ROM disks (in relatively small quantities).
What cannot be shred:
- Things that may harm the shred truck.
- Must remove (in advance of your appointment)
- Any 3-ring binders
- Any X-Rays
- Anything made of hard plastic (such as CD cases or plastic folders)
- Any office supplies (pens, staplers, etc.)
- Computer cables
- Old cell phones
- Batteries (combustible)
- Food or other garbage
Some other attractions that will be part of the Lake Highlands Safety Event include:
Free paper shredding offered by Proshred (See attachment regarding what can and can’t be shredded)
Microsoft- (Free Malware and Computer virus removal)
ADT-Free Alarm Raffle (must be present to win)
Lentz Land Scape Lighting- (Lighting for home safety)
- C. Young- (Home Safety info for Seniors)
Office of Senior Affairs- (Information)
Senior Source- (Senior Services)
Dallas Fire Department- (sign up for Free Smoke Alarm installment)
Hot coffee and donuts will also be offered. We hope to see you there.
*All citizens are invited to participate.*
You must be logged in to post a comment.