Fly balls, fast pitches and famous faces! There’s a whole lot of stardom in store as the Big German makes his annual trip to the baseball diamond for Dirk Nowitzki’s 2017 Heroes Celebrity Baseball Game, presented by BaylorScott&White Medical Center – Frisco, Saturday, June 24th, at 6:30 p.m. at the Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco (7300 RoughRiders Trl).
Scheduled to appear are Dallas Cowboys Dak Prescott, Dez Bryant, Ezekiel Elliott, Dan Bailey and more; tennis legend Andy Roddick; Dallas Mavericks J.J. Barea, Seth Curry, Devin Harris and others; actor Geoff Stults; former Texas Rangers great Michael Young; and more (roster subject to change).
Gates to the Dr Pepper Ballpark will open at 4:30 p.m. The first pitch of the Heroes Special Olympics All-Star Softball Game will be thrown at 4:30 p.m. From 3-6:30 p.m. outside the ballpark, the CBS RADIO DFW Fan Fest will feature a bounce house, inflatable football toss, games, giveaways, and more.
Former Dallas Police Chief David Brown will throw out the first pitch as families of the fallen officers and injured officers from the July 7, 2016, attack will be in attendance and honored.
At 6:30 p.m., the seven-inning Heroes Celebrity Baseball Game will get underway as the Blue Sox and White Sox all-stars and amateurs vie for the game trophy, bragging rights and the coveted MVP award. Between innings, game goers can enjoy stunts, interactive activities and other family-fun entertainment. Following the game, a 10-minute fireworks finale sponsored by BaylorScott&White Medical Center – Frisco will round out the evening.
Here is the line-up for this year’s game (PLAYERS SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
- Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavericks MVP and 2011 NBA champion)
- Dak Prescott (Dallas Cowboys quarterback)
- Andy Roddick (tennis legend and 2003 US Open champion)
- Dez Bryant (Dallas Cowboys wide receiver)
- Dan Bailey (Dallas Cowboys kicker)
- La’el Collins (Dallas Cowboys offensive lineman)
- Ezekiel Elliott (Dallas Cowboys running back)
- Rico Gathers (Dallas Cowboys tight end)
- Byron Jones (Dallas Cowboys defensive back)
- Darren McFadden (Dallas Cowboys running back)
- Tyron Smith (Dallas Cowboys offensive tackle)
- Lucky Whitehead (Dallas Cowboys wide receiver)
- Rick Carlisle (Dallas Mavericks head coach and 2011 NBA champion) – team manager
- J. Barea (Dallas Mavericks guard)
- Seth Curry (Dallas Mavericks guard)
- Yogi Ferrell (Dallas Mavericks guard)
- Dorian Finney-Smith (Dallas Mavericks forward)
- Devin Harris (Dallas Mavericks point guard)
- DeAndre Liggins (Dallas Mavericks guard)
- Salah Mejri (Dallas Mavericks center)
- Nerlens Noel (Dallas Mavericks forward)
- Dwight Powell (Dallas Mavericks forward)
- Jarrod Uthoff (Dallas Mavericks forward)
- Geoff Stults (actor of TV series The Odd Couple and upcoming movie Granite Mountain)
- Lance Dunbar (former Dallas Cowboys running back who currently plays for the Los Angeles Rams)
- Ben Grieve (former MLB outfielder)
- Michael Young (former Texas Rangers player)
Tickets are $9, $15, $18 and $22 and on sale at TicketReturn (972-334-1993 or ticketreturn.com) or at the Dr Pepper Ballpark Box Office during office hours. Will call will open at 10 a.m. on Saturday, June 24. Tickets also will be available at the door (if the event is not sold out). Parking for the general public will be available at Lots A, B, E and F for $10.
BaylorScott&White Medical Center – Frisco is the sponsor of the Heroes Celebrity Baseball Game and the fireworks finale. Sewell Automotive Companies is the official automotive sponsor. Other sponsors are The Joule Hotel, Morgan Stanley and The Richards Group. Media partners are Fox 4 and My27, 105.3 The Fan, 98.7 KLUV, 103.7 KVIL, 100.3 Jack-FM, and NewsRadio 1080 KRLD.