Criminals have been using dating apps to target victims in Dallas and other cities.
During the month of December 2017, seven victims were robbed and assaulted in Dallas, TX. The victims were lured to a location through the use of the dating app “Grindr”. The Dallas Police Department would like you to consider these tips if using a dating app to meet someone:
• When meeting in surrounding cities that may be unfamiliar to you, always research a safe meeting location and familiarize yourself with the area.
• Always meet in a well-lit, public place.
• Never go alone.
• Always meet during the day.
• Keep your cell phone close and be ready to call 911 at the first sign of trouble.
• Never give out personal or financial information.
• Let someone know where you’ll be and who you are meeting.
• Leave if you feel uncomfortable and call 911 to report any suspicious activity.