Update August 21, 2018 at 3:16 p.m.:
On August 2, 2018 at about 3:00 am, Mr. Roy Cook left his residence and was last seen in the 800 block of Lawton Dr and was subsequently reported missing.
On August 19, 2018 at approximately 11:20 a.m., Dallas police responded to a call regarding an unidentified deceased male floating in the creek at 7340 Fairport Road. Due to the condition of the body, the race of the male could not be determined.
On August 20, 2018, the Dallas Medical examiner determined that the victim located in the Trinity River was indeed Mr. Roy Cook.
Update August 8, 2018 at 4:10 p.m.:
Deputy Chief Thomas Castro provided an update and timeline on the search and investigation of Silver Alert, Roy Cook. Officers have been continually searching for Mr. Cook and are asking for the public’s assistance in locating him. If anyone knows the location of Mr. Roy Cook, they are asked to call 9-1-1 or the Dallas Police Department Missing Persons Unit at 214-671-4268.
There will be a large search effort taking place at the Lincoln Memorial Park on August 9, 2018 at 8:00 a.m.
- 12:20-12:30am – Mr. Cook is seen on video walking away from residence
- 3:00am – Family called police
- Critical Missing started for Mr. Cook
- Hospitals/Homeless shelters checked
- DART bus driver reported seeing Mr. Cook at bus stop near Jim Miller/Great Trinity Forest, and then at Buckner train station.
- Video from above locations checked with negative results
- Silver Alert activated
- Patrol and Youth made contact with family, checked area hospitals/homeless shelters.
- Searched area surrounding Mr. Cook’s residence (trails, wooded area.
- Contacted area law enforcement agencies in direction of childhood home in Cleburne (Desoto, Duncanville, Cedar Hill, Midlothian, Venus, Keene, Alvarado, Cleburne PD)
- Search One (K-9) attempted to find scent at residence (unsuccessful)
- Patrol met with family-no update
- Patrolled around Great Trinity Forest, local businesses, hospitals.
- Contacted Cleburne PD
- DPS helicopter flew over I-20, Dowdy Ferry, Trinity Forest area, and along Trinity River.
- Hospitals checked
- Patrol searched banks of Trinity River, nature trails, cemetery near residence. Also searched Crawford Park, unoccupied homeless encampment near7800 Doak Ave.
- Told by family that Mr. Cook possibly got on DART bus with unknown black femal near Jim Miller/Great Trinity Forest (unconfirmed).
- Patrol spoke with Corsicana PD and Navarro County SO
- Re-sent Critical Missing flyer to media
- Family contacted-no new leads
- Patrol searched wooded area off Longbranch/Fairport, local businesses, area hospitals
- Local hospitals checked
- Mounted/Youth detectives checked wooded area and cemetery in neighborhood
- Video of Mr. Cook leaving residence sent to media
- Hospitals checked
- Cook’s financial records checked
- Patrol checked Audubon Park of Longacre Ln.
Update August 7, 2018 at 12:30 p.m.:
This Critical Missing is being upgraded to a Silver Alert. Mr. Roy Cook has dementia and may be confused when being contacted.
The Dallas Police Department is asking for the public’s assistance in locating Mr. Roy Cook.
On August 2, 2018 at about 3:00 am, Mr. Roy Cook left his residence and was last seen in the 800 block of Lawton Dr. Mr. Cook is a 70 year old Black male, standing at 5’11 weighs 125 lbs., has gray and black hair with brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a white t-shirt, red/white/ or red/ white/black pajama pants with no shoes. Mr. Cook may appear to be a danger to himself.
Persons with information are asked to call the Police Department at 911 or (214) 671-4268.