Today, Wednesday, May 8, 2019, at 11:45 a.m., the Dallas Police Department will hold services honoring the 2019 Police Memorial Day. The event recognizes the sacrifices made by Dallas Police Officers who have fallen in the line of duty. We will like to welcome the Public to attend today’s Ceremony. Listed below are the times the events will be occurring and a brief description of the service.
- 11:35 AM – March to the Police Memorial Service from the foyer into Ballroom A of the Kay Bailey Convention Center
- All former or current police officers, family and/or friends and citizens are invited to join the Dallas Police Department Command Staff, Honor Guard, salute team and other dignitaries to the Police Memorial Service.
- Ballroom A is located at the corner of Akard Street/Marilla Street.
- Free parking/shuttles will be available in Lot-E (Memorial Dr. & Hotel St. on the far west side of the Convention Center)
- Officers are requested to wear their Class-A uniform with a long sleeve shirt, black tie, police hat and a mourning band over the badge.
- If you plan on taking part in the march to the Police Memorial Service, we ask that you arrive no later than 11:15 a.m.
- 11:45 AM – Dallas Police Memorial Service – Kay Bailey Convention Center, Ballroom A
- Service includes a performance by the Dallas Police Choir, the reading of the “Roll Call of Honor”, a 21-gun salute and Taps
If you have any questions, please contact Lieutenant Richard J. Foy at 214-670-4401 or by city email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be logged in to post a comment.