In 2010, the Dallas Junior Police Academy began with one basic class of thirteen students. Since that time, multiple students from all over the Dallas area ranging from grades 4th through 12th have been able to experience a day in the life of a Dallas Police Recruit and Dallas Fire Recruit Officer.
Today, Class #36 had 115 students attend the JPA. The students experienceed learning about the law enforcement and firefighter profession from highly trained presenters in their field. The JPA also had State Representative John Turner from HD 114 drop by to show his support for the program.
The Dallas Junior Police Academy encourages students to make better choices. It would not be the tremendous success it has become without our incredible support of the below:
- Dallas Police Employees
- Fire Department Employees
- Dallas Police Reserve officers
- Law Enforcement Explorers and Advisors
- Dallas Fire Rescue Explorers and Advisors
- Citizen Offering Police Support Volunteers
- J.P. Morgan Chase volunteers
- F.B.I. Citizen Alumni Academy Volunteers
- Numerous Volunteers
They all sacrifice their time to provide leadership and to be positive role models for our students. Thank you all for your hard work and dedication to our students! We couldn’t do it without you!