The National Weather Service in Fort Worth and possibly Dallas calls for a strong cold front today and tonight bringing light rain/snow mix through tomorrow morning. Please allow yourself extra driving time in preparation for the inclement weather.
The three key elements to safe winter driving are:
- Stay alert;
- Slow down; and.
- Stay in control.
A few extra cold weather driving tips include.
- Keep a bundle of cold-weather gear in your car, such as extra food and water, warm clothing, a flashlight, a glass scraper, blankets, medications, and more.
- Make certain your tires are properly inflated and have plenty of tread.
- Keep at least half a tank of fuel in your vehicle at all times.
- Never warm up a vehicle in an enclosed area, such as a garage.
- Do not use cruise control when driving on any slippery surface, such as on ice and snow.