With Memorial Day weekend coming up, this is traditionally a time for friends and family to get together and celebrate. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind before you hit the road.
- Prepare your vehicle for travel.
- Have your battery tested.
- Do a visual inspection for any fluid leaks.
- Check your tire pressure and tire condition before you leave.
- Practice patience and courtesy.
- Major travel delays are expected, so leave early to plan for these delays and keep calm during unexpected traffic stops.
- Be cognizant of Police Officers and First Responders.
- Give officers the right of way when police vehicle lights and sirens are activated. Be aware that with increased travelers, there is an increased risk of crashes and incidents.
- Don’t drink and drive.
The Dallas Police Department encourages everyone to have a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend.
Information is taken from https://www.l-tron.com/Memorial-Day-Safety-Tips