The Great State Fair of Texas is upon us once again! Opening day is Friday, September 24, 2021. The Dallas Police Department along with the State Fair of Texas wants everyone to enjoy the fair and have a great time. We would like to give a few safety tips to keep in mind as you attend the State Fair.
State Fair Safety Tips
- To avoid traffic during big events, ride the Dart Rail.
- Take a photo of your child when you first arrive. If they get lost or separated, you will have a current photo to show officers.
- The State Fair of Texas prohibits Permitless carry on State Fairgrounds. Weapons must be secured before entering the Fair. LTC holders are subject to State Fair guidelines which will be posted near Fair entrances.
- If you lose or find property, be sure to go to the lost and found. It is located inside the State Fair of Texas.
- Officers will be walking throughout the State Fair. If you see something, say something. Report suspicious bags or packages to officers.
- Prevent auto theft and break-ins at the State Fair of Texas by Locking your car, Taking your items with you, and Hiding those items you can’t take. Be Proactive!
- Have a meeting place picked out in case you get separated from your party. Big Tex Circle is a recommended spot.
- Be sure to have your mobile devices charged.
- Make sure your child knows your name and phone number in case they get lost.
- Let your kids know it’s okay to ask an officer for help if they do get separated from you.
- There will be lots to do and see at the State Fair. Plan accordingly and wear comfortable shoes. Check the weather so that you can dress appropriately.
- Remember, if drinking alcoholic beverages drink responsibly. We want to make sure everyone has a good time and gets home safe.
These are just a few tips to remember. We hope you all have a great time while attending the Great State Fair of Texas and enjoy all the delicious food they have to offer!