Below are some tips to avoid becoming a victim of a scam:
1) Beware of links to fake sites in your emails, texts or social media.
2) Legitimate companies and banks will not call, email or text you asking for your personal information or passwords. If you are unsure, call the company directly on the number listed on their website, not via the information given in the email, call or text.
3) Ignore “Pop Ups” on your computer telling you there is an urgent update required when you are online.
4) Educate your children about online predators and inappropriate content. Use parental software, keep computers in an open space and be vigilant as to what content the children are accessing.
5) Change your email password frequently, and don’t use the same password across accounts.
You must be logged in to post a comment.