The Dallas Police Department DWI Squad will be conducting its annual “Home for the Holidays” DWI initiative beginning November 24th. During the holidays, there is an increase in serious accidents due to intoxicated drivers. Officers will be working throughout the city of Dallas in those areas where high volumes of DWI offenses and accidents have occurred.
The Department is committed to addressing those persons who operate motor vehicles while intoxicated and preventing serious accidents and loss of life from these incidents.
If you plan to go out and drink, please consider the below tips:
- Always have a designated driver
- Call a taxi or download a rideshare app on your telephone
- If visiting a friend or relative, spend the night
- Never enter a vehicle with someone who has been drinking
- Consider drinking non-alcoholic beverages
- Take away the keys from those who have been drinking
Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs can result in significant financial costs, legal expenses, potential medical costs, increased insurance premiums, property damage, jail time, and loss of life. Remember, drunk driving is a choice with easily avoidable consequences.