On March 29, 2022, Dallas Police arrested 25-year-old Anthony Barnes and charged him with Aggravated Robbery.
From February 27 to March 27, Barnes robbed 10 fast food restaurants, nine in Dallas, one in Farmers Branch.
In each of the crimes, the suspect displayed a gun and drove from the scene in a gray Kia Soul.
After an investigation by Dallas Police Robbery detectives and Fugitive Unit, the suspect was identified and on March 29, arrested by members of the Fugitive Unit.
Dallas Police are currently executing search warrants on the suspect’s vehicle and apartment.
Chief Eddie Garcia said, “This arrest is the result of outstanding and relentless follow up by our robbery detectives, and the great work and eventual arrest by our Fugitive Unit. I am proud of our men and women and their dedication to making our city safer. This arrest should send a continued, strong message that the Dallas Police Department, along with our community, will not tolerate this criminal behavior.”
The dates, times, and locations of the robberies are as follows:
- February 27, 2022, 7:20 pm, Burger King, 2207 E. Ledbetter Drive, Dallas
- March 14, 2022, 6:35 pm, Wendy’s, 2507 Royal Lane, Dallas
- March 14, 2022, 4:08 pm Wendy’s, 4169 LBJ Freeway, Farmers Branch, Texas
- March 16, 2022, 7:32 pm, Taco Cabana, 2635 N. Stemmons Freeway SB, Dallas
- March 18, 2022, 9:54 pm, Taco Cabana, 4360 Dallas Fort Worth Turnpike SR (I-30), Dallas,
- March 19, 2022, 11:19 am, Burger King, 14010 Coit Road, Dallas
- March 21, 2022, 10:40 am, Burger King, 2441 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas
- March 21, 2022, 3:15 pm, Jack in the Box, 3720 W Northwest Hwy, Dallas
- March 21, 2022, 7:15 pm, McDonald’s 2747 Ft Worth Ave, Dallas
- March 27, 2022, 12:48 pm, Burger King, 7300 S Cockerill Rd, Dallas