As the 4th of July holiday rapidly approaches, we would like to remind all of our residents that fireworks of any type are not only dangerous but prohibited in the City of Dallas. Whether you plan to celebrate in your neighborhood or join one of the many community celebrations, here are a few other helpful reminders.
- Attend a public fireworks display and leave the lighting to the professionals. Those in possession of fireworks can be fined up to $2,000.
- If you witness firework violations, report them by calling 9-1-1.
- Discharging a firearm into the air is not only reckless, but it’s also extremely dangerous. DON’T DO IT. Doing so can result in 1 year in jail and up to a $4,000 fine, and in some cases can lead to a deadly conduct charge that can result in 2 to 10 years in jail and a fine up to $10,000.
- Make sure your pet’s ID tags are up-to-date and securely fastened to your pet’s collar. Consider microchipping pets and add them to Nextdoor’s pet directory: https://nextdoor.com/login/?next=/pet_directory/
- Fire up the grill, but only outdoors and never on porches. Keep children and pets away from the grill and never leave it unattended. Only you can prevent grill fires!
- While we know swimming will most likely be in your Fourth of July plans, never swim alone. Avoid using alcohol around water, and please, NEVER leave children unattended near any body of water.
The Dallas Police Department wishes everyone a safe and happy Independence Day!
You must be logged in to post a comment.