In order to address concerns from the community, members of the Southeast Patrol Division started its summer crime initiative by targeting specifics areas in southeast Dallas that has shown an increase in offenses. From June 4 through August 6, 2018, this operation will utilize various Departmental resources to prevent and deter the commission of violent offenses, with an emphasis on reducing murders, non-family violence aggravated assaults, individual and business robberies, as well as deterring narcotics activity and gang violence within the specified area below.
For the duration of this initiative, the community will see an increased officer presence in the targeted area, with increased enforcement action when applicable. The effectiveness of this operational plan will be measured by the resulting decrease in the number of violent offenses committed. A daily review will be used to determine the efficiency of the resources and/or need for change in tactics. Below is the enforcement activity for the week of June 4th to June 12th.
- Calls for service: 68
- Investigative and Felony Arrests: 35
- Executed Felony and Misdemeanor Warrants: 15
- 311 Service Calls: 40
- Traffic and Pedestrian Stops: 29
- Drug Complaint checks: 28
- Recovered Stolen Vehicle(s): 1
Foot Patrols were performed on the following dates:
- June 6, 2018 7728 Great Trinity Forest
- June 7, 2018 8003 Rothington
- June 8, 2018 (Assisted Code Compliance with Clean up)
- June 9, 2018 8039 Chariot