The City of Dallas Domestic Violence Task Force was created and designed to ensure the collaboration of multiple domestic violence service providers within the City of Dallas. As a member of this task force, the Dallas Police Department works with the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office, the City of Dallas Community Prosecution Unit, and advocacy groups to provide a more effective system to combat domestic violence in Dallas.
Beginning March 1, 2017, and spurred by the mission of District Attorney Faith Johnson to make the courts available to the community, members of the Domestic Violence Task Force began providing criminal justice service and support at existing community court and/or patrol division locations. Formally established, these locations provide known, safe, accessible locations for citizens of Dallas to meet with agencies involved in the criminal justice response to domestic violence.
The Dallas Police Department’s participation in these programs involves the provision of existing space for prosecutors and others to meet with complainants. Should criminal or safety issues arise, the police department is already on location to assist task force members with resolution of the incidents. Dallas Police Department personnel policy and procedures are not changing with the additional functions being provided by Community Prosecution personnel.
The 11 locations identified by the Task Force to assist in providing service and support include the Dallas City Attorney Community Courts and Dallas Police Department patrol subdivisions. See the flyer below for days and hours of operation.
The community court locations are:
- South Oak Cliff Community Court – 2111 South Corinth Street
- West Dallas Community Court – 2828 Fishtrap Road
- South Dallas Community Court – 2922 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard
- Northeast Dallas Community Court – 9451 LBJ Freeway, Suite 125
The patrol subdivision locations are:
- Central Patrol at Jubilee Park – 907 S. Carroll Avenue
- Northeast Patrol – 9915 E. Northwest Highway
- Southeast Patrol at Bexar Street Storefront – 5411 Bexar Street
- Southwest Patrol – 4230 W. Illinois Avenue
- South Central Patrol – 1999 E. Camp Wisdom Road
- Northwest Patrol – 9801 Harry Hines Boulevard
- North Central Patrol – 6969 McCallum Boulevard
For more information on the program see http://dallascounty.org/department/da/community_prosecution.php